Thursday, January 26, 2006

Of course I'm on the clock for this.

Just read the first few sentences as you would any other blog. Slowly, and with both hands where I can see them, turn up the volume on a usually silent internal monologue. Some of you won't have to crank it up to much, as your monologue it usually aired as is.
When I read other people's blogs, I can always hear them narrating in my head. The better I know the person, the more I can hear them. Scott is usually still yelling at me when I'm four blogs past his.
Does anyone else do this? I know that when I play chess I can hear Ben Kingsley's voice tracing through moves for me. He was the chess coach in "Searching for Bobby Fischer" and has become my internalized voice of chess.
I know that Tim hears Phil Hellmuth's voice narrating but that's only because of Celebrity Poker.
C'mon, someone else has to do this?

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Oh gross! I hear Phil Gordon in my head, dude. Phil Hellmuth is the biggest knob on the tour! I'd only hear him in my head if I needed to rattle off some incredibly idiotic catchphrase like, "I can dodge bullets, baby."

By the way, I just played "Bad Dudes" on www.everyvideogame.com. It's just as terrible as I remembered.

1:47 PM  
Blogger C_thegreat said...

My narration usually takes the form of songs, but in the rare case it is spoken word, usually it is a childhood person like Mr. Rogers or Lamar Burton. Although sometimes when I'm angry (also commonly referred to as "playing soccer") it comes out in the form of poetry a la e e cummings or WCWilliams, but faster and angrier.

Anyway, my point is you can't limit your narration, well, for me it is more narration that monologue... or you potentially are limited.

~c

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally have the internal voice thing going on. i think that is why i read some blogs so much and some so rarely...it depends who has the better real life voice. if they keep me entertained in person, the memory of their voice keeps me entertained through their blog.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home