Thursday, January 05, 2006

Shipping for the Mediocre

Just a short post today, something to think about, because I saw it again today. And just what you may ask? My favorite trucking line, I know everyone has their favorites. I'm skipping the obvious choice, and going with the grandest truck line of them all. That's exactly right, the noble Brandt Truck Line, Inc.

Is it the snappy white on black color scheme? Not really. What grabs me is there forward-thinking mission statement. Take another look at that website, tell you what, I'll quote it here for you,
Over 80% Delivered by 10 AM the Next Day

Excuse me? That's really what you're going with? Every time I see that I can almost hear Bud Brandt sitting down at his desk....dream sequence fade out.....fade back in on Bud....

"Well, crap, the only thing that can jump start this thing is a humdinger of a mission statement, since the pony giveaway didn't pan out."
It's at this point that Bug has to go through all the modifiers that sound almost plausable, but still make the point.
"How about '50% delivered by 8:30 AM the next day, when Jerome isn't driving, and we've given all our ponies away'. Yeah, that's not gonna cut it. I'll fire Jerome, give him a pony as severance and see where that gets us. Yeah, that's the ticket.

All this happens in my head when I'm wheeling out of the way. Just remember, Brandt Truck Line, Inc.- When you have kinda important things, and you need then there,uhhh sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Yeah, Boo Word Verification. Blog Spam didn't really take off and go crazy. Just please no one click on those random links by random people. It WILL break your computer. (I work at Best Buy and I know these things.)

Don't worry Mom, I've never heard of Brandt either.

Josh, I think you should get rid of the login process. I would much rather your blog just instantly know who I was without me doing anything. Why don't you work on that.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home