Monday, January 23, 2006

one-two pawn to e4

I'm just throwing this out there, Chessboxing. Even if I tried and sat down with a really good cup of tea for 40 minutes I'm not entirely sure that I could think of this myself. I do have redonklous thoughts if left to my own devices, like wireless electricity. Right? Why shouldn't that work? I'm sitting on gold mines here folks.
Back to chessboxing, apparently they alternate between a few minutes of chess and then hit each other for awhile. The point being that you can win the event at any time, by knockout or checkmate. Keep reading, I'm not even making this up. There's even a break before and after the chess portion for the boxers to put their equipment on or off. Personally, I would vote for keeping the gloves on and insisting they move the pieces around as such. This sport could be so much more hard core by leaving the board in the ring while they box.(rules insist they remove it from the ring)
This doesn't sound as much like a sport as a standardized fight over a chess game. This is also another fantastic reason to unveil Hang-gliding Scrabble(with new magnetic travel-size board). How sweet would MouseTrap be if it was life size? Check these shots out, and this one too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

This is brilliant.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

But mon frere, wireless electricity has already been invented. For instance the hovering wirelessly powered lightbulb. Amazing. But on to the main post, I've always been a fan of blending sports that don't work together at all. Which I hereby deem Emulsion Sports, both because it's clever word usage and because I just thought of it and it's a perfect term.

I've always wanted to see a combination of curling and that game that shocks you if you lose from one of the Bond movies. Impossible you say? Never!

- Scott

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home