Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Count 'em, another great idea

When I was a kid, I had this theory. And now that I'm at the age...I almost deleted that comment because I was trying to think of something that I did then, but that I've matured out of and am now obviously much more hip and refined. I've got nothing.
And now that I'm at the age where my pants are longer, I'm pretty sure that it would still be rad. (Pretty swift right?)
When I was younger I was convinced that if I looked into the TV at an angle I could see what was going on just off screen. For instance, if it was something that was obviously made up, I could peek into the corner and see grips and gaffers doing stuff that they do. Like testing grips and making things more tactile for better and improved grip. And gaffers? I'm pretty sure they're someone who came by the lot for an afternoon to hang out and asked for a credit in the movie because they're obnoxious like that.
And the shows that were real, I could peek into the corners and see more of the show. It would be like widescreen for overachievers. Peekvision, yeah, that's the ticket. If you really invested yourself you could get that much more out of the show. Tragically, this was not the case with TV, because I remember I was bummed out. Ironically, I remember being cheered up when Mom gave me quarters to play Bad Dudes right after that. Why I remember these things and not my middle name, I've got no answers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Josh, its not really what you're talking about but this might mean we're approaching an age where your Peek-O-Vision might be possible. Check it out.

In the same vein, think of nintendo's new controller... in order to steer in Mario Kart you actually have to turn the controller. I think your age is in fact close at hand.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Are you a bad enough Dude to save the President?

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home