Monday, October 24, 2005

Spelchrk

This past Friday I had the chance to substitute for 4th grade all day, what a rockin' age to spend a day with. It's still an age where you'll eat things because they are gross, not for the money promised by cheering friends, and you still get regular recess. I'm pretty sure that I'd be alright with that. Oh, and free treats for a classmates birthday (when did that practice have to go out of style).

However I did make an appalling discovery. During the day that I had to administer a spelling test. No doubt all my ace students had been studying diligently for this test all week and walked through it. I however, decided that if it were not for spellcheck I would freefall to around a 4th grade spelling level. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my vocabulary, it's just spelling that always gets me. If spelling was a monster I'd check back on it that one more time after I thought it was dead, and then it would get me, while everyone else ran to get the sheriff, who's secretly in on the plot as well, but they won't discover that until they find him at the abandoned chemical factory.

Anyone? Fans of spellcheck? Fans of leaving comments? Fans of not leaving comments?
Coming Soon: A special birthday dedication blog to my fat brother.

4 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Yeah, first comment!

I agree, your spelling is occasionally horrendous. However, I disagree that I am fat. You, my friend, are one for two.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'm all about spelling, I pretty well have a feel for it. Especially in type, if I can see a word I can tell you if it's spelled right or not. Nonetheless is a bit of an exception, but that's not a word it's a butchery of English!

Things I would make sure are dead: anyone with a gun that I hit with a two by four only once across the temple. There's a reason "hero/white neighbor #1" get's offed after his semi-well-intentioned attempt to help the character that mattered. And that's because he didn't follow through. Must I quote Ender Wiggin? In this crowd I think not.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Hey, nice widescreen. Guess I'm amazing at teaching html programming. Yup, pretty amazing.

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh yes. Remember back in the day when we spent long periods of time reviewing for Friday spelling tests? Those were the days.........
Mom

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home