Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Short Post

Yesterday during an emergency run to the supermarket (as much of an emergency as that becomes) I ran into a family of kids(not a whole family made up of kids, the parents were there as well) that I had subbed for a number of times before. The recognized me and gave me the stare that tells me that tells me that their brains are indeed melting at the very thought that teachers can exist outside of school. I was under this impression as well, I thought they just hid cots in the big metal drawers they never opened in the corner of the classroom and slept there. This misconception continued until college and I saw some houses where my prof's were "supposed" to live, but I didn't buy their crazy stories.

To make this worse, I had a bag of Malt-o-Meal, chicken, and I was reaching for a box of ice cream when the kids saw me. If I had seen a teacher to this, making this kind of purchase, my mind surely would have been melted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

You should have started comparing notes on video games. (Because you can do that now.) Their eyes would have started bleeding.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

yeah, High School blew that misconception out of the water for me. I mean, Bear, Kaminsky, Beauchamp and Gracey were far from the Teacher Stereotype. Something about seeing them together all the time at the Elks drinking humanized them.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home