Sunday, October 09, 2005

Endorsed by Google

There, I did it. A day without posting, and you know what? It was easy, just like Superman not using the ability to fly before he discovered it. Speaking of, in a disjointed way, we could all do better to follow Nick Cage's example.

I'm sure that other slackers (read as Scott) don't post everyday, and I'm sure they feel fine about it. Since I'm trying to expand my fan base, geeze, can I even call it a "fan" base? How about persons either wandering looking for information concerning Uganda and/or persons obligated to read this blog by blood relation/marriage/both-base? I feel a little better clinging to that.

Scott, I was even going to delicately insert your name between coughs as to disguise exactly which "slackers" I was referencing. I know that you would appreciate the notoriety as a slacker and anything that I could do to perpetuate that image would only be welcomed.

My next thought, what is there was a committee that covered all blog activity? Just a general committee sanctioned by the government or Google, or do I repeat myself? First they would have to be some of the most pompous individuals to elevate themselves to the level of a blog, and then to the point of oversight of others' blogs.

For the delight of all my faithful readers(read as, four) I have intercepted(fabricated) documents between members of the very secretive COOLERTHANYOU (so elite is this inner circle, they don't need to ascribe a word to each letter to form their secret acronym. This aside, here are some intercepted messages between members of COOLERTHANYOU.

Wentworth Bebble III: Dear William, I've finally bought enough gold fillings from past presidents to smelt down a solid gold wicket set, so the cricket game will be at 4 today.

William Wadsworth Becket the Upteenth: Wentworth, I would love to join you in you're boresome game, however Luiz Gonzoloes Mendez and I will be taking pot shots at Saturn with ICBMs, sorry, all tied up.

Needless to say, I only feel sillier when blogging. Have a truly pleasant day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Who gets the award for being the first comment 3 times in a row? This kid. That's who.

Josh I want to congradulate you on not only your successful linking, but the new and edgy content on which you broke. (Did that make sense? no? oh well). I'm trying to decide which was the worse idea: Naming your kid Kal-El or agreeing to do National Treasure. I've not made my mind up on this issue yet.

Also, the last half of this post, BLEW MY MIND.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

I'm telling you: Josh, on paper, not only funnier, but also much weirder. Well done, brother. Our minds are collectively blown.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what has my cousin gotten herself into....j/k....sort of

jess :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

It's true. I second and possibly third everything Tim said in his comment. This blog may yet find its way into our hyper selective/critical/the world revolves around us and our do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, no matter how many friends we lose or people we leave people leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long as we make a name for ourselves somehow, blogging community.

On that, I congratulate you. And props for calling to attention my slackerdom. You might check my own blog for a post on that very subject. In fact I just made these last two sentences one gi-normous link to said post.

- Scott

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home