Thursday, November 03, 2005

You asked for it.

And when I say you, I'm really citing one person. For the viewing pleasure of the world at large as the internet now affords me that chance, or six people who fain interest in my life (whichever comes first), I'm including some choice pictures from some recent escapades. But I must take a break from that to include a fantastic part of my day. The first being paid to do Greek homework, the second, more important: grade school lunches.

As an occupational hazard/perk, dependent on how you remember your own gastrointestinal forays into dining during those years, I get more then my fair share to indulge in that wonderful world of dining. Something that gives me great comfort like nothing else is a meal slammed down in front of me. No complaints. Actually, no time for complaints before you're shoved down the line and hopefully you've grabbed milk and a fork and maybe a napkin if you're lucky. Then settle down before the lunch room gets too loud and they make you be quiet. Lunch 202- if your milk carton was pointing at anyone else but you, that meant you were going to marry them, at least those were the hard and fast rules at West (is the best). This lead to juvenile hilarity.

As I revisit all those sensations sitting in the lunchroom today, nearly 25, I find the clearly delineated food sections on my tray sitting like a nicely ordered country. Not one pea invaded all meal, they kept nicely to themselves. Sometimes its just nice to have a decision taken out of your hands once in awhile. Like lunch. And those burgers are so tasty.

Finally, I'm visiting my brother, Tim this weekend, and Tara D, although I don't know her yet, so these pictures will have to do for the weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Hey, great costume! You're that guy, right? From Curious George!

CALLBACK! (To one post ago.) WHOO-WOO!!

Sewiously though, you guys look great. You should have just walked around saying, "Snakes. Why does it always have to be snakes?" That would have tipped people off.

Speaking of Halloween, have you checked out the new Homestar h'ween cartoon yet? It's Choose Your Own Adventure!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Matter for investigation: Why I chose to speak the exclamation "Woo" two different ways in the previous post. Odd.

Allyn, you looked great too, by the way. Blanche, from the Golden Girls? So gweat.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and people could not guess who you were WHY? you guys look great...i mean, seriously.

ps. i dig the hat :)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

DUDE! I totally forgot about the milk thing. Its totally true! I remember those big white/stainless steel friges they kept it in, and you had a milk card that had to be punched and it was awesome! Know what else I remember about West-Jr High? Having a crush on Megan Lewis. Wait, so did every guy in our class...

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

al with blonde hair....cant get used to that.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, you guys are the cutest couple ever.

Joanna

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home