Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Every and All Hallow's Eve

There are some people that have a great view of Oct 31st. There are others, for lack of better words, should not be let out. More on that later, Allyn and I dressed up for Halloween (Alice in Wonderland and Indiana Jones, I'll let you sort it out). Fantastic costumes, if my opinion matters for anything. Since I was brought up in a home filled with family values, there are some Halloween-related tenets from which we will never be able to break. Ryder virtue #41 Thou shalt make your own Halloween costume. This is shortly followed by #42 Thou shalt have a real Christmas tree. Any violation therein is grounds for excommunication from the family. Honestly, we had another brother until he bought a Halloween costume as a fake Christmas tree. He also was playing with guns at the same time, he was asking for it.

Back to the story, Allyn and I were both out, helping out kids play games and whatnot and a number of adults tried frantically to guess what we were. I'll supply the pictures, it's not rocket science.

The number one offender of the night: "Oh yeah, great costume, you're that guy right?" No idea what he's trying to communicate. "From Curious George?" In my head (beneath my brown fedora) I was too busy yelling, you mean the Man with the Big Yellow Hat? These people bother me. I mean, Allyn made me a cool bull whip...sigh

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

0 comments? What the heck?

Therein lies the divide between the Ryder-French Households. We've done the real tree thing, but more often than not, do the fakey. I'm proud of my parents because this year they bought one of those prelit trees... that' freakin' amazing in my eyes. You know, the ones that come in like 4 pieces and the ligts are already in place. Great Stuff.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

I want pictures! Mom said you looked great. I just hoped you played at least one sequence where you dove through a narrowing opening, then reached back for your hat.

P.S. "Indy Grab Your Hat" would be an awesome/terrible name for a band. It's on my list of potentials, anyway.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home