Monday, April 17, 2006

Peeves

Hair in the morning makes me laugh. It makes me laugh by the way that it tries so hard to show me what it can do, just how much potential there is, and just how close it can come to your everyday style using only gravity. However, I hate when hair on the back of my head won't go down, even when I wet it down.
Which brings me to a few of my pet peeves, because it's my blog, I assume that you're interested.
(Who wouldn't be)

In no order:
Dogs that aren't friendly
Anyone carrying a full-size pillow in an airport
Rust
Shirts that are too long
Words that I can say correctly, and read incorrectly
Popped Collars ya'll
Omelets that don't fold correctly

Again, this is just a short list, being a Monday, I'm sure you have peeves of your own sprout up. Comment Challenge: Get yours out there, start a support group.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here are a few:
-people who drive with their blinker on when they aren't turning
-toilet paper that won't come off the roll except in the single squares
-people who insist on sayin "anywho" instead of "anyhow"
-socks with sandals
-that tickle you get inside your ear that you cannot get rid of.
-the random twitching of your eye that comes and goes for no apparent reason
-roller luggage in any place other than the airport


there is a start...but ill keep brainstorming...

3:52 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Oh, and I hate craft-y wall hangings like "Your Husband called, he said to buy whatever you want." Just makes my skin crawl.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-infomercials...yes, they do have some entertainment value, but i mean the ones that insult your intelligence. like the wonder mop whatever and when they show how well it works, they just push the gross stuff on the floor out of the camera frame...im not that stupid...life exists out of the camera frame, just like a mess on the floor...

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other things:

- final papers that refuse to write themselves
- professors that use scare tactics to get you to study harder and then give you easy exams that you would have aced even if you hadn't studied
- students who think it's their right to tell ridiculous stories about their life experiences they believe are related to class discussion but really aren't
- that decision you make to do all those chores you didn't want to do earlier, but suddenly seem so appealing when you have 15 pages to write by Thursday

Can you tell that I'm ready for the semester to be over?

- Jeff D.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home