Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Oppression Continues

Scrabble v. Chess. Both games seemingly for the hyper-intelligent, rooted in academia, reserved for those familiar with the atomic weight of Boron. Ahhh Greg Church, if only I would have listened.

Cut Scene
Allyn v. Josh. When these epic battles break out, the underdog always hopes for the impossible, the dream always present, but always elusive.

Break for commercial sponsor.
For those of you just joining us, I routinely beg Allyn to play chess with me and she gives in after I've emptied the dishwasher or ran a 4-minute mile, whatever comes first. Allyn has yet to beat me, it's a year-long goal to reign victorious just once.

Station Identification
Our story takes a sharp and darker turn. I'll routinely ask Allyn if she's interested in a game of Scrabble. Masochist? Perhaps. Do I know how to spell that word without looking it up? No.
I have yet to beat Allyn in a game of Scrabble, so that pulls my overall lifetime wins to just about zero.
However, after the best game of my life last night, 200+ points put on the board, boosted by a 58 point turn, I failed by the hairbreadth of 9 points. Again.

I'm also pondering who would be our commercial sponsor if we had one.

Pushing the N.Q. (nerd quotient) up to Defcon 2, I played ANIME last night. However I felt better after Hasbro defined it as "a resin obtained from a tropical tree".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...allyn mentioned to me your joy of chess. wait until you visit California. allyn's and my younger cousin ashley LOVES chess and is always bummed because she can't find someone to play. looks like you'll have a worthy opponent. it is sid that she is rather good.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]inthelane.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Research points that almost 60% of all U.S. grownups are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home