Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Money or No Money

It has come to my attention that a great epidemic spreading through the networks. This plague among us is giving away money. That's the problem, the plague isn't actually giving away money, giving away money is the problem. Plus you'd never want to take money from a plague, you don't know where it's been, and you never want to be in a position to owe a plague anything.
This problem manifests itself in a number of ways. Today we'll investigate TV and that mystical prize of a million dollars.
Every show gives away this cure-all amount. Honestly, a mil isn't as much as it sounds. If I had a million, I'd spend it in an afternoon and only have a stealth bomber to show for it. Either that or a monkey farm, it's really a toss up.
The one show that lines itself up as the cash cow? Deal or No Deal. Hosted every week by Howie Mandell, now in "shaved head midnight poser" flavor this show exists to give away money. People pick suitcases to open, models smile at them, and then they get money. It's quite easy.

Then they get greedy, they forget the $100K in their pocket and go for the million that's obviously odds against them.
To demonstrate this, try it yourself, Deal or No Deal. I just played a quick six games, winning an average of $100,000, with a high of $133,000.
Close to a million? Nope.
Good enough for me? Of course.

Hands in the air when you take Mr.Mandell seriously.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

howie mandell...everytime i see him, i still think of the show bobby's world...what happened to fun cartoons like that?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

At first, I didn't understand the concept of "Deal or No Deal." I just assumed it was ridiculous.

Then I watched about 10 minutes of it and now I understand perfectly.

Still ridiculous.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

I got 75,000 the first time by just declaring from the begining that I was keeping whatever was in my case. Not bad. The second time I got 263,000. Also not bad. I rule at this game. I take back everything I ever said about there not being any skill to it. But they do definately like to just give away money on that show.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home