Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Colon Cleanse probably would've helped

Ahh sick, so I did in fact succumb to whatever was crawling around waiting to crush my immune system with kung-fu-like accuracy. Never fear, the fever broke this morning, and I'm at about 70% of my usual 110%.
But this doesn't stop me from...

The Flu Festival Wrapup!

Tylenol: always there, always helping out, I give you a A- for consistency.

Robitussin: When you ask someone where they were when JFK was shot or what they were doing when they first heard Tom Jones for the first time, they can tell you in explicit detail. Sociologists call this a "flashbulb memory", and 'Tussin has managed to encapsulate that in their mystical elixir. This miracle goo tastes just as horrible as when I was 8 and brought to mind every day spent in bed from illness. But, if it takes the sicks away, I'm voting for it. For that lousy trip down memory lane, B

Nyquil: I'd have to say, "the best sleep you got with a cold medicine"? I was skeptical. But if getting better is being dead to the world for 6 hours, its got my vote. A+

And what would getting sick be without some horrible TV viewing habits? Daytime TV is the unmined gold mine of quality programming. Here are some choice picks:

K-19:The Widowmaker: Harrison Ford as a Soviet sub captain? Say it ain't so. It's alright, only a few die from radiation poisoning needlessly.

Too Legit: The M.C. Hammer Story: VH1's treatment of the meortic rise to fame and plummet into bankruptcy. Did you know Hammer knew TuPac, and even saw him the night he moved to Mexico and started publishing records posthumously? VH1 wouldn't lie. This of course led straight into "I Married...M.C. Hammer" so interesting.

Some honorable mentions include:
I Love Toys, VH1 spinoff of I Love Anything variety
8th and Ocean, Britt is the next big thing
Cosby Show, there's nothing Bill can't make better
and to much CSI to mention

My name's Josh, and I watch crud on TV when I'm sick.

4 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Merely thinking about the terrible taste of Robitussin will often cause me to quiver in revulsion. The memory is that strong. Kudos to you for braving it.

9:38 AM  
Blogger C_thegreat said...

That's funny... I actually enjoy the taste of cough syrup and would often exaggerate my cough to try to get some...

I, too, am sick as a dog. Have been on and off for weeks. I pretty much can't take anything but Tylenol though, so I'm up a river without a paddle. Lots of sleep and water and that sort of good stuff.

Hope you're feeling 110%!

~c

11:01 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Ahem....

"Rob and Josh started an epidemi-yuck. Hope you don't catch it. Whoops I just threw up something big and green. I hope it WASN'T MY SPLEEN!!!"

-- Rob and Josh circa '93 --

2:24 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I feel for you man. I too battled valiantly against invaders I am many millions of times larger than. And let me tell you, it sucks. However the mildly hallucinogenic effects of NyQuil are almost worth it. Congrats on getting better.

- Scott

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home