Monday, February 27, 2006

You do WHAT with your free time?!

Staring at a blank white box where my newest witty post has yet to materialize I had to come to grips with the situation, I was out of ideas. This took me to the place where I always find refuge when I've creatively bottomed out:

Magnum PI

Not really, but it was on when I flipped on the TV later. For some reason, Magnum was in a full suit of armor. I didn't stick around to find out why. This was it, the inspiration I needed. I was going to put myself in a wearable suit of armor, not a metal popsicle glued to a stand. Or at least I would shop for one. *Google time passes* I figured it would be about $2500 to put myself in a respectable suit, until I saw this.
"Did you mean stormtrooper armor?"
Well Google, maybe I did.
And just when I thought there were no more corners of the internet I hadn't seen, I find the 501st Legion. Honestly, do yourself the favor and click around this site for a few minutes. This is "the world's definitive imperial costuming organization". Just so that there aren't 400 Vader's running around fighting each other, they've broken into easy to manage categories.Basically, they guys make their own stormtrooper armor and have conventions when they aren't doing charity for the McDonald House or other charity organizations. Seriously, that's what they do. You owe it to yourself to check out the "Off Duty" slide show.

Google, seriously, thanks for the head trip, I need to reevaluate my life(and wonder why I didn't think to make my stormtrooper armor before this)
It's at this point that Google politely taps me on the shoulder and just wants to show me one or two more things. And who am I to complain?

Dressing for the Dark Side got you down? Not a problem, join The Rebel Legion, the 501st sister organization. Just when it couldn't have gotten worse, yep. It's the same guys dressed for the other side. What if your neighbor was a speeder pilot for the Empire and you were a Rebel pilot? Would you have races or fights?
Finally, this is a site for making your own stormtrooper armor. I'm not sure if this corner of the internet gives me hope or fear for mankind.
Please check out these sites, just give them a once over. And when someone wants to make a set of armor, call me up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

You reminded me of a video clip I saw before. Will blow your mind if have a few extra minutes to watch a kid who build lightsabers and honestly believes he lives the path of the Jedi. Prepare to be amazed. (requires QuickTime)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Speaking of Star Wars hilarity, check this out:

www.hoth2014.com

Sorry, I don't know how to code in HTML. Come to think of it, I don't know how to code in anything. Unless it's a basic letter-swapping code.

HINT: T = E

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home