Thursday, February 16, 2006

6 minutes from now.

Holy Poor Blog maintenance, Batman.
Part of the fault lies with having a ridiculous amount of Greek exegesis to do, most of it has to do with Firefox and its fantastic tabbed browsing feature. Activity-induced ADD is the name of the game and it only rears its head when I'm supposed to be doing something important, or not doing anything, or when I look at the blank space where I'm going to type a blog entry. Firefox has made ADD as accessible as Ctrl+T, bringing up a new tab, until I'm so far from what I was doing I have a hard time remembering my name. Usually I'm on the internet to look up one thing and that's all that I'll use it for in that instance. If I think of something else I'll take care of that as well. However now that I can make new tabs for every errant thought, I hear a Johnny Cash song that I want to learn how play, bam new tab. I want to know how much I weigh in stones, bam, new tab. I started yesterday looking for the conversion for oz to lbs and ended up pricing chess clocks and looking up disc golf courses.

In related news, something that I'm sure everyone knows and snickers when they walk past me, knowing that I'm that guy that doesn't know that one thing that everyone knows. When you get a chance, wander over to Google when you have something to convert, currency, measures, weights, anything. Type in what you have and what you need, and Google does it for you! No kidding. Too good to be true? Just type in "124 dollars to pounds" And it does the conversion for you! Amazing. 14 oz to lbs, not a problem. I even converted my weight into stones which rules. I'm not sure who even uses stones as measurement, but I'm excited about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Yeah, what's up random quote? Welcome to the blog.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Wow. You just got a comment from a dude from Oxford. How high-class.

12.8571429 stone and counting,
Tim

1:37 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Here's another feature you may like Josh: Session Saver. It makes it so that everytime you open Firefox, it comes up exactly how you left it last time. No matter if you closed it manually, or your computer crashed, it comes up just how you remembered it. Easier than ever to go back and wander down all those side roads on your internet journey. Errr... did that even make sense?


~ 10.714 Stones ~

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8.57142857 stones
Bah ha ha. I even figured it out!!! Coolness factor, an eleven.
-al

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home