Monday, November 21, 2005

Still searching for Bobby Fisher

I know that I've teased my numerous readers(seven- on a good day) for weeks with the possibility of Inter-Blog skirmishes, whatever those might be. Thinking about it, I think that I might have only mentioned it once. As that may be, I would like to formally announce the beginning of my Inter-Blog skirmish. Rob, my sworn enemy(he doesn't know that yet) of Rob's Office Space, and I have begun a rolling chess game. Da-DUM!

I know, I know, it's not paintball or trebuchet fights, but in all reality it could escalate to that point by the end of the week. And we had to start somewhere, if we started with say, trebuchet fights, I would obviously win, but at the cost of becoming the world's hugest dork, currently held by this man.

Eventually it will escalate to gypsy knife fights, for our purposes right now, we'll start with chess. This begins an interesting thought that I have had when I take enough time to think about what I've been doing lately rather then just doing it(usually unlikely). My interests tend to swing from point to point with no predictable overall pattern. Just two weeks ago I was dead set on adopting hang gliding as my new hobby, Why? I have little to no idea. There was nothing to remind me of hang gliding, and no reason for myself to be interested.

It's this thought pattern which as led me toward things like curling, rock climbing, trebuchet construction, mortar mixing, and chess. Talk to me in another two months and I guarantee that I'll be building a spare space shuttle or learning the finer arts of beekeeping. Not chess buddy, I'm pushing that towards the adoption of an early New Years resolution.

Crowd: See Harry Potter, It's never to early for Resolutions, make one now, or just make fun of me. Have a great week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Ok, the game offically starts today. I WILL get you the first move before I got to work at 3. Oh yeah, I know we've done Team Chess before, but check this out: Four Way Chess!!! Blows your mind, doesn't it?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Ummm... we never really discussed how this is going to work. We'll have to connect "the old fashioned way" (ie cell phone) and plan this out. My first move is the pawn in front of the king... yeah... move him up two. so there you go.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Hey, you imply in this post that I am the world's hugest dork! Let me not even trifle with the fallacy inherent in the term "hugest," as if one thing could be "huger" than another, but allow me to swiftly move toward the insane notion that I am in some way a dork! Ludicrous, good sir. Ludicrous.

(True story: My network has been stupid for a while, so I've been unable to view that picture. For the last couple days, I've been operating under the assumption that you posted a picture of the Dance Dance Revolution World Champion. Nope, it's me. Jerk.)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home