Thursday, December 15, 2005

This time, this idea holds water.

There are a number of ideas that circulate around in my gourd. These thoughts are pretty much circular, they rotate around, bouncing off song lyrics and the odd Greek vocabulary word. I've convinced myself that these ideas all hold water, and they all do. Anyone who's known me for any length of time has heard one or more of these gems, and everyone loves 'em. Anyone who tells you differently, they're obviously spies and are actively trying to patent my ideas.

First of many rotating thought to hold water: We should all be earning practical credit for life experiences and TV. Let me put it simply, when I started college, I was a registered pre-med major. Turns out I enjoy kickball more then memorizing things. However I still enjoyed watching medical drama, like ER, or MASH. Or maybe I just really like acronymized television. I decided that this should never get in the way of actually being a Doctor. Then it hit me, why shouldn't I just draw on my viewing experience to credit my way through Med. School? And just like that, I was on my way.

The formula works out so that every season of ER watched is about half a semester at med school. I promptly stopped watching after robot doctors started roaming the halls (I can't make this up, ER's gone down the tubes). So if I've got 10 or so seasons under my belt, with the MASH I've watched, I'm well into my residency. And only a season of House away from Chief of Surgery.

But Josh, that's the most ridiculous idea I ever heard, you say? Don't you learn better after someone else shows you how to do it first? And who knows how to perform an emergency trakeotomy with just a knife and a pen? This kid. And I can do it in the rain. Tell me where I'm wrong.

If you still are holding reservations, you're obviously a spy, I know because I'm a very talented spy myself, sucker. Best of all, my school is free. Should this still not convince you, fine. But the next time you need a crime scene investigator/Hogwarts prefect/ stuntman/ all-star guitarist/ monkey army commander, look elsewhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

You make a fine point. However, I would like to comment on something else entirely. Actually, it's more of a question.

Do we know anyone in Malaysia? How about family - we have any family in Malaysia? Have we ever BEEN to Malaysia?

Dayton bits aside, someone from Malaysia looked at your blog. It's right there on your map (I had to look at an atlas to get the right country though. That blows my mind.) What also blows my mind is that you were the early adopter of a technology that both Rob and Scott quickly started using as well. Way to set the trend, bro.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Oh yeah, Josh totally get credit for this one. Its amazing stuff. I'm seriously debating paying the $1 a month or whatever it is to be a member so I can zoom in on my map. I've got some random ones on mine, but what intrigues me more than those is the following that we all seem to have from Seatle Washington or whereever. We all instantly had a larger dot there after the first day. Are they just blogging freaks in Washington? Do we know some people there that I didn't realize? What is going on???

10:25 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

In the chronological order I had these replies to each of you, so shall you receive them. Hey, HEY! Get back here Rob. Read Josh and Tim first. That's right you HAVE to.

Josh, there actually are robot doctors. Or at least screens with doctor's faces who are many miles away on them, patrolling halls and checking people out. Can't fault them for keeping with the times.

Tim, I too am jealous of the Malaysia hit. I was going to brag about my European following (when they decide to actually look at my blog... bastards) but Malaysia is a prety good one. They're probably here for the pictures.

Rob, I too am considering paying the one dollar. But it occured to me. Maybe they're just messing with us and adding some odd dots to the map. That way we get really curious and NEED to find out who they are. Then they stick you with the charge. "The fee's are comming, the fee's are comming." Also, I think the cluster map headquarters is in Seattle. So when they monitor for hits they count it on the map? I know I have a small following there (4 or so) but not enough for that large of a dot.

- Scott

P.S. Where the hell did you find that thing Josh? Awesome discovery.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home